Applying for a chef position? Check out the best chef resume objective statements. Use them in your resume and hook the reader. A well-written resume objective helps you win the job of your dreams.
A successful restaurant largely depends on its Chef. How to frame a menu? How to present the food? The dining experience, the decor, the efficiency of the kitchen service- there are a number of responsibilities.
Therefore, whenever you are applying for a new job, use out chef resume objective examples for inspiration. Objectives are beginnings. When beginnings are great they ensure that you hook the reader and get you the job.
20+ Amazing Chef Resume Objective Examples
In a professional kitchen, there exists a proper hierarchy of chefs. In the following guide, you will come across various chef resume objectives for the following positions.
- Executive Chef/ Head Chef/ Chef de Cuisine
- Sous Chef (Second chef)
- Chef de Partie (Station Chef, Line Chef, Line Cook)
- Butcher chef
- Fish chef
- Fry chef
- Grill chef
- Pantry chef
- Pastry chef (patissier)
- Commis Chef
- Personal Chef
Head Chef/ Chef de Cuisine
Executive Chef Resume Objective
Head chefs are at the very top of the kitchen management structure. They primarily have a management role and do very little cooking. However, they must have a strong cook experience so that they can flawlessly supervise the cuisines.
Here are some head chef resume objective examples-
1.” Seeking a Head Chef position with ABC Restaurant. Bringing a strong background in culinary and food service standards. Adept in handling busy and managing kitchen budgets in a profound manner. Recreated restaurant menu that led to a 135% increase in sales in my current job. Looking forward to leveraging my culinary and management skills and bring about high customer satisfaction.“
2. “Dedicated Executive Chef with 10+ years of experience in southern cuisine. Efficiently handle dining and banquet management up to 180 tables while supervising staff in preparation of orders. Seeking a reputable position with ABC hotel “
Sous Chef Resume Objective
Sous Chef or chef de Cuisine is a chef who ranks second in command in a kitchen. Thus, after the executive chef, the sous chef has a number of responsibilities. Eventually, on promotion a sous chef can become the Executive Chef.
3. “Hard-working sous chef with 3 years’ experience in the food industry and a background in varied restaurants. Adept in seafood, Italian, vegetarian/vegan, and French cuisines. Dedicated to maintaining hygiene by using only the fresh and finest ingredients while promising fantastic dishes. A proven record of working with a team, ordering supplies and keeping well-organized records. Seeking a position that allows me to work my way up to Executive position. “
4. “Passionate sous chef with a broad background in varied culinary styles. Exceptional leadership skills and interpersonal skills that ensure timely delivery of orders in a 100 seater restaurant Seeking a sous chef position at ABC cafe.“
Chef de partie Resume Objective
A chef de partie is also known as a station chef or line cook. He is a chef in charge of a particular area of production in a restaurant.
In large kitchens, each station chef might have several assistant chefs /cooks. While in some kitchens he may not have assistants.
5. “Dedicated Chef de partie with 2+ years of experience in middle eastern cuisines. Expertise in creating sauces, salads, and seafood. Demonstrated skills in reducing cost, food waste, coming up with new recipes and creative presentation ideas. Recipient of commendations and positive feedback from patrons”
6. “Butcher chef with 3 years’ experience preparing meats and poultry prior to their delivery to retrospective stations. Also, possess expertise in handling fish and seafood preparations. Seeking a position at ABC restaurant to utilize my skills”
7. “Dedicated Fish chef looking forward to utilizing my 2 years experience in preparation of fish dishes at ABC hotel. Adept in fish butchering, cuisine preparation as well as creating the appropriate sauces.
8. “Fry chef with exceptional culinary skills in preparation of fried food items. Looking forward to utilizing my sound knowledge of food hygiene and preparation at ABC restaurant.
9. “Grill chef with a proven record of preparing delicious grilled and garnished hamburgers, steaks and chops. Require short preparation times and deliver orders timely with immense appreciation from patrons”
10. “Pantry chef with 4 years’ experience in preparation of cold dishes, such as salads and pâtés. Maintained pace in a hectic and fast-paced kitchen producing top quality food and presentation. Enhanced company profits with high levels of up-selling capabilities and exceptional customer service.“
Pastry Chef Resume Objective
11. “Seeking an Executive Pastry chef position where I can use my excellent culinary skills to provide exceptional services. Possess strong experience working in a 5-star hotel as Pastry Cook while supervising pastry baking operations.”
12. ” “Creative pastry chef with 5+ years’ experience in preparation of an extensive assortment of American and European cakes, pastries, cookies, pies, muffins, and specialties.”
Commis Chef Resume Objective
Commis Chefs are entry-level cooks. A number of commis chef positions are occupied by graduates from culinary schools. Check out the best commis chef resume objective below.
13. “Dedicated commis chef with excellent knife skills. Possess a sound understanding of safety in professional kitchen environments and advanced cooking techniques. Strong ability to learn new recipes and preparations quickly. Seeking to leverage my active listening and advanced interpersonal communication skills while collaborating with the ABC restaurant team. “
Private/ Personal Chef Resume Objective
A private or personal chef is the one who is hired by different clients. A personal chef basically prepares meals in the clients’ home kitchens. They must adhere to the needs and preferences of the client.
14. ” Seeking a Personal Chef position where my exceptional culinary knowledge and skills will be an asset. Possess a proven record of working in large scale food service operations. Profound knowledge of food ingredients, hygiene maintenance, and opposite combinations.”
15. “Bringing 5 years’ experience of working as a Private chef with complete knowledge and certificate in the safe handling of food while keeping food areas sanitized. Skilled at creating cuisines as per diet plans recommended by doctors. Looking forward to leveraging my knowledge and skills at ABC.”
16. “Experienced and talented personal chef with experience in a range of cuisine specialties. Dedicated to creating innovative food presentations that receive high commendation from clients. Proven record of reducing food wastage by 45%. Seeking a position to utilize my culinary experience and interpersonal skills.“
How to Make Your Chef Resume Objective Stand Out?
Here we bring to you tips from experts to create an outshining resume objective. So, follow these and land more interviews.
1. Create A “Made To Order” Resume Objective
Being a chef, you know how to skillfully create dishes that are unique. This is what attract customers. You ensure that your diners know they cannot find the same experience anywhere else.
In a very similar way, treat your resume objective. You must personalize it.
So, ensure that you create a targeted chef resume objective for the restaurant/eatery you are applying for.
This can be done by-
-using the name of the eatery. By this, you are making it clear that the resume is for their organization.
-Adding the skills and qualifications that they have mentioned in the job posting/ advertisement. This will also optimize your resume for ATS.
-Citing some of your creations that are in line with what the cafe/ restaurant serves.
2. Add Skills and Quantified Achievements
Do not miss out on your best skills of chef resume. Add both hard and soft skills.
Furthermore, begin by stating your years of experience. Use numbers.
Also, use statistics to describe your greatest accomplishment in the chef resume objective. However, be as precise as possible.
Make use of phrases. Use of action-oriented language helps. Add a few chefs resume keywords and buzzwords.
So, follow the tips above. Use our chef resume objectives. Customize them. Send out your application and win the job!