Wondering what should be included in a psychologist’s resume? Here is all that you wanted to know about a psychologist’s resume.
Check the expert resume writing tips and use our free editable psychologist resume samples. Do not miss out on the psychologist cover letter templates.
Psychologist Resume Samples
You can use our free resume samples as well as Psychologist Cover Letter Samples in Word for free!
Psychologist Resume Sample
Resume for Psychologist in Simple Text
|Address | Contact | Email| LinkedIn
A state-licensed clinical psychologist with 5+ years of experience. Dedicated to serving patients in a meaningful way, listening to their concerns, and helping them approach a better mental and emotional state. Excel at providing adolescents with individual psychotherapy with a specialization in obsessive disorder.
Medicare Assoc., Albany, NY.
clinical Psychologist (August 2013 to present)
• Treated over 25 depression patients with 100% success.
• Create individual care plans for every patient by a thorough evaluation of patient data and diagnostic testing.
• Conducted ADOS/ADI-R and comprehensive psychological evaluations.
• Expertise in treating patients with PTSD. Provide outpatient therapy for adolescents aged 13 to 18 and their families
Master of Science in Clinical Psychology | 2013
University of Los Angles, California
Bachelor of Science in Clinical Psychology | 2010
University of Los Angles, California
New York State Board License
Member of the American Psychological Association
-Extensive active listening and communication skills.
-Give full attention to patients and take the time to understand their points of view.
-Exceptional problem-solving skills and critical thinking demonstrated daily to help determine the best course of action for patient care.
-Expertise in psychotherapy, IQ, personality, ADHD, LD, and MR/DD evaluations.
Using a resume template makes it much easier to write a resume perfectly. The best part is that you need not worry about the formatting part. It is already set for you. All you have to do is focus on the content of the resume. For this, you have expert resume writing tips below.
Guidelines to Write A Psychology Resume
Before we move on to the guidelines for writing a perfect resume, here is some important piece of information.
What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
Psychiatrists are trained, medical doctors. A psychiatrist can prescribe medications in addition to behavioural intervention. So, they spend much of their time with patients on medications as a course of treatment.
On the other hand, psychologists focus extensively on psychotherapy as well as treating the emotional and mental suffering that a patient goes through. The talk sessions and behavioural intervention are mainly the departments of psychologists.
This difference should be made evident in your resume. Not sure how? Follow the guidelines below.
What looks good on a Psychology Resume?
An ideal psychologist’s resume comprises the following-
- A strong profile statement. This section determines whether the reader will read your resume or put your resume down and move on to the next.
- Marketable relevant skills that make you outshine. Include both hard and soft skills.
- Licensing information. Try to include the license number as well.
- Years of experience.
- Any specialities to set you apart from other candidates?
- Educational Background. Certifications
- Any memberships.
- Prior Experiences which are relevant. Quantify them.
- Add accomplishments.
- Any awards or honours.
- Resume keywords from the job description are a must. Ensure that you customize your resume as well as the cover letter.
- Avoid stating the reasons for leaving a previous position. Keep them to yourself unless you are asked directly for information.
- Do not blame or cast a bad light on your former employer. If asked try and keep your answer as concise yet honest as possible.
- Don’t provide too personal information. For instance- your religion, race, or political affiliations. These can lead to discriminatory hiring practices.
- Experts suggest not using photographs on resumes. However, if you still wish to, opt for a professional one. We have provided examples of both- a resume with a photograph as well as one without a photo.
Keywords for Psychology Resumes
Although the best place to find keywords is the job advertisement. Scan the ad for keywords. Check out the requirements or qualifications section.
Make sure that you use the same words/ terms in your resume. This shows that you have taken pains to customize your resume. Moreover, the addition of keywords optimizes your resume for ATS.
Format your Resume to out beat ATS- get- What is ATS? Best 7 Tips for ATS Resume
Quick Tips For Psychologist Resume Writing
Tailor Your Resume for the position and organization you are applying for. This extra care shows the employer that you took the time to pay attention to their requirements.
Proofread the document. Check thoroughly for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors. These are intolerable to employers. Moreover, they present you in a very unprofessional way.
Keep it to a single page– Well, experts suggest that a resume should not exceed one page. Remove obsolete content. Save space by consolidating contact information into one line.
Save Your file with your Name -Save each resume with a title. The best way is to follow the following format: Firstlast_specialty_resume.doc.
Doc, the Docx version is the best for submitting resumes.
Attach a Customized Cover Letter to your resume. However, do not restate your resume. It should just cover the highlights in a way that develops the interest of the reader and he moves on to reading your resume.
So, follow the above tips, use our free psychologist resume samples and create a resume that outshines.
We wish you luck with your job search and oncoming job!